Deslaurier is hiring! We’re currently seeking candidates for Design Consultant to work out of our location in Ottawa, Ontario.
The designer’s primary functions are cabinetry sales and customer service. Essentially, the designer is responsible for working with customers to establish floor plans & layouts, coordinating cabinet, door, hardware and countertop selections while assisting them with appliances, flooring selections, etc. It also includes educating them on the order and installation processes, and the completion of accurate paperwork to meet customer’s expectations.
- Meet the budgeted sales goals while providing exceptional customer service.
- Discuss with the customer their needs, wants and design ideas, including assisting them with selecting suitable products (i.e., wood, MDF, thermofoil, countertops, hardware, etc.)
- Create preliminary designs, layouts and floor plans using 2020 design software
- Provide pricing information to customer using 2020 design software and negotiate contract terms and conditions
- Perform all onsite field measurements and be able to anticipate and resolve site condition issues
- Complete and submit all necessary paperwork using 2020 design software for the submission of the work order
- Provide constructive feedback and ideas to management
- Continuous improvement in product knowledge, and design trends and order accuracy
- Attend the monthly sales meetings and the annual sales conference
- Proven track record of sales results
- Strong working knowledge of 2020 design software
- Strong knowledge of cabinetry and design experience
- Meticulous attention to detail, innovative thinking, and problem solving skills
- Strong organization and oral/written communication skills; bilingualism is an asset
- Time management skills are vital as is the ability to work outside regular office hours
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and also effectively as part of a team
- Excellent negotiation and presentation skills
- Degree or diploma in design or other related field
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in design/sales or, a combination of education and work experience
- Must be highly motivated with a demonstrated track record of providing outstanding customer service
- Valid drivers license with access to vehicle and willingness to travel
We’re also currently seeking candidates for a number of various positions to work out of our location in Renfrew, Ontario. Those positions include:
CNC / Edge Bander Operators
Custom Wood Workers
Assembly Workers (Builders, Packaging)
Duties & Responsibilities:
- vary by position
- vary by position
Interested parties are asked to make a written expression of interest to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. Expressions should be accompanied by a resume, complete with references. Thanks in advance for your interest.