Deslaurier Custom Cabinets is Ottawa’s leading brand of custom cabinetry for over 40 years. With a local team and state-of-the-art manufacturing facility, we provide an unmatched level of quality.
“Together, we craft quality and function for a beautiful life.”
We have a great working environment and offer an exciting opportunity for you to be part of our growing “Best in Class” team. Our unique approach to an antiquated market has built a strong following with local builders, architects, designers and homeowners.
Continuous Improvement Engineer.
The Continuous Improvement Engineer is responsible for the development, implementation, monitoring, and maintenance of the Deslaurier Continuous Improvement program (“DCI”). The DCI Engineer will provide initiatives to increase productivity and decrease manufacturing costs through process improvement, production equipment modification, manufacturing flow optimization, waste reduction and other innovative solutions while maintaining an accident-free workplace.
- University degree or college diploma in engineering, or a related field
- 1 to 5 years experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience in lean manufacturing and Toyota Production System
- Hands-on skills with hardware, tools, instruments, hydraulics/pneumatics, general electro-mechanical systems, measurement techniques
- Strong ability to work and communicate effectively with team and peers within a manufacturing setting. This includes excellent communication skills: written, verbal, and email
- Strong problem solving skills and an aptitude for learning systems quickly
- Ability to manage simultaneous activities and challenges
- Drive process improvements
- Develop and target key KPIs, such as Quality, Throughput, Safety, Downtime, and Process Breakdown
- Manage targets, analyze data/monitor trends, and drive projects to meet those targets. Monitor these initiatives through project schedules, timelines and deliverables using standard project management tools
- Manage capital projects including development of equipment specification, installation of equipment, and management of outside contractors
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement by characterizing and optimizing existing processes, reducing waste
- Supports production team through daily interaction, problem solving skills and aiding in development of standard work instructions
- Ensure processes provide a high level of safety
- Define and execute process improvement studies to create, characterize, and optimize production processes
- Use leadership, technical, and business system skills to drive process improvements throughout all operations
- Perform any other duties assigned.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $50,000.00-$70,000.00 per year
- Dental Care
- Extended Health Care
- Flexible Schedule
- Paid Time Off
- Monday to Friday
- manufacturing : 1 year (Preferred)
Work remotely: No
We’re currently seeking candidates for Design Consultant to work out of our location in Ottawa, Ontario.
The designer’s primary functions are cabinetry sales and customer service. Essentially, the designer is responsible for working with customers to establish floor plans & layouts, coordinating cabinet, door, hardware and countertop selections while assisting them with appliances, flooring selections, etc. It also includes educating them on the order and installation processes, and the completion of accurate paperwork to meet customer’s expectations.
- Meet the budgeted sales goals while providing exceptional customer service.
- Discuss with the customer their needs, wants and design ideas, including assisting them with selecting suitable products (i.e., wood, MDF, thermofoil, countertops, hardware, etc.)
- Create preliminary designs, layouts and floor plans using 2020 design software
- Provide pricing information to customer using 2020 design software and negotiate contract terms and conditions
- Perform all onsite field measurements and be able to anticipate and resolve site condition issues
- Complete and submit all necessary paperwork using 2020 design software for the submission of the work order
- Provide constructive feedback and ideas to management
- Continuous improvement in product knowledge, and design trends and order accuracy
- Attend the monthly sales meetings and the annual sales conference
- Proven track record of sales results
- Strong working knowledge of 2020 design software
- Strong knowledge of cabinetry and design experience
- Meticulous attention to detail, innovative thinking, and problem solving skills
- Strong organization and oral/written communication skills; bilingualism is an asset
- Time management skills are vital as is the ability to work outside regular office hours
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and also effectively as part of a team
- Excellent negotiation and presentation skills
- Degree or diploma in design or other related field
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in design/sales or, a combination of education and work experience
- Must be highly motivated with a demonstrated track record of providing outstanding customer service
- Valid drivers license with access to vehicle and willingness to travel
We’re also currently seeking candidates for a number of various positions to work out of our location in Renfrew, Ontario. Those positions include:
CNC / Edge Bander Operators
Custom Wood Workers
Assembly Workers (Builders, Packaging)
Duties & Responsibilities:
- vary by position
- vary by position
Interested parties are asked to make a written expression of interest to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. Expressions should be accompanied by a resume, complete with references. Thanks in advance for your interest.